One week into the new year and I still can't believe it is here. I have upped my goals for both my family growth, professional growth and spiritual growth. 2006 was a wonderlful year; I learned a little more about who I am and most importantly who I am not. I have been brought to my knees more than just a couple of times. 2006 brought back memories from my teenage years when I lost my father. I was just 14, yet that short time that I had him I learned a lot, both good and bad. God had a plan way back then, and trust me it was far better than the one I could come with. I know I have taken detours along the way, but I am still asking him to change me and he is doing it.
One major thing I have relflected upon has been: Why I did not marry Jennifer earlier. This year we will be beginning our 10th year together, 4.5 of which we have been married. I have came to the conclusion that I was scared, lacked faith in myself, and I was holding on to the past ( all selfish reasons!). It wasn't my past I was holding on to though and that was the funny part. Sometimes scars take a long time to heal, but the mark will always be there, though the pain might not be. That is why I am glad Jesus is in my life. He gives me strength when I am weak, vision when I am blind, and a hand when I need it. He wants me to struggle through things, so that I remember I need him. I am weak, I am a sinner, and I have fallen short of his glory. Oh, how I need him. He is the Lord of heaven and earth. I pray he will always guide me. While I am in control of the speed of my journey in 2007; I pray that I will always let him steer.